Our lovely Michelle was treated to a special romantic night out where love was blossoming in the air and delectable food was served to perfection! The two love birds took a little ride out to Alexandria for a Valentine meal fit just for the first couple at Vermilion! Just the name of it will make anyone’s mouth water with desire of its menu items! Just take a gander at the Vermilion website if you really want your senses to come alive as your imagination takes your taste buds on a journey of anticipation:
“At Vermilion, simply prepared flavors from the season’s freshest ingredients form the foundation for exceptional contemporary American food. In Chef Anthony Chittum’s kitchen simplicity and elegance coexist on every plate, and are often seasoned with a touch of the unexpected.”
Decadent Dining was unable to confirm if Chef Anthony gave Michelle a ‘welcome to her next decadent dinner’ hug, but we suspect he did. The exceptional menu items from Chef Anthony’s kitchen look sensational as well! Here are some of the specialties served on the Tasting Menu that most certainly made it to the first table:
- Curdo of Virginia Fluke with Celery-Apple Remoulade & American Caviar
- Maine Lobster Tortelloni with Marcona Almonds, Sultanas & Curried Salsify Veloute
- Line Caught Chesapeake Rockfish with Butter Poached Virginia Oyster and Pancetta & Spicy “Bouillabaises Broth”
- Peidmontese Beef Duo with Creamed Trumpet Mushrooms, Potato Pancake & Black Truffle Jus.
Did somebody say lobster? Why yes!!! For the full Valentine menu including wine options see here! We have most certainly found the winner of the menu; but with the Tasting Menu, Michelle could have it all! And why stop there? As the old saying goes, “there’s always room for dessert!” So, what exciting offerings were ready for the first couple after their delectable romantic feast?
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake with White Chocolate Sauce, Basil, Kiwi & Coconut Sorbet
- Chocolate Truffle Tart with Cocoa Nib Ice Cream, Cocoa Nib Tuile & Mocha Caramel Sauce
**Each served with assorted petits fours.
Mmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmmmm!!!
It would be safe to say that Michelle didn’t save any leftovers for Sasha’s and Malia’s boxed lunches for the next day. The food police would have a quite a bounty to confiscate! Until next time!